Greetings LOORRS Teams, Staff, Sponsors and Fans. Well here we are, once again in these trying times, faced with yet another obstacle that is beyond our control. Due to the recent uptick in COVID-19 cases throughout the country, our plans for the event in Reno has changed.
The State of Nevada was scheduled to move into Phase 3 of re-opening starting the first of July. This would have allowed us to host our event at Wild West Motorsports Park in Sparks, NV. However, rather than move into phase 3 as expected, Nevada Governor, Steve Sisolak has decided to extend Phase 2 through the end of July. This means we can no longer host the event.
We are working on an alternative plan that will allow us to still get in our 2 rounds of racing for points and TV coverage. We have come to an agreement with Glen Helen Raceway in California. They will allow us to put on the event on the same weekend, on Saturday and Sunday, July 25-26. See below for the details we have so far.
More details will follow shortly with the schedule of events, but in the meantime, I wish you all a wonderful 4th of July weekend with your family and friends. Stay safe and healthy out there!
Lucas Oil Products
Director of Race Operations
Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series
GLEN HELEN RACEWAY – ROUNDS 1 & 2
JULY 25-26, 2020
- Saturday & Sunday Day races.
- TV and LORTV race coverage.
- Fan-Less event. No general public admissions DUE TO COVID-19.
- Participants: crew members and family only.
- Vendors: Tires/Parts/Fuel vendors only.
- Current CDC sanitizing guidelines and social distancing within all common areas.
- We encourage all participants and crews to bring their own face coverings and sanitizer.
- LOORRS staff will have face coverings and sanitizer.
- Online registration and waivers mandatory.
- Bring your own pens with you for any signatures required in tech, etc.
- No concessions, bring your own food and beverages.
- Move in on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.
Due to new rules at Glen Helen, there is no overnight parking on the road outside, so please plan your arrival accordingly.
The schedule of events and further details will be released next week.